ALL‐STATE POSTS CRITERIA:
Within a department, the most effective measure of whether a post fully meets its requirements is selection by the Department Commander as an All-State post. The designation means the post is fully meeting all national and department guidelines in membership and the implementation of VFW programs. Commanders and Quartermasters of posts selected All-State will receive an All-State pin, citation, and cap. Each All State Entry form will be judged based off a Point-System criteria. The Captain of the All State Team will be awarded to the Post with the most points, Commanders seeking All-State status must complete listed requirements and submit an entry form (supplied) to the Department Headquarters by May 6, 2022, only the top 15 Post and Districts will be selected for the All State Team. Qualifying membership activity and program items must be completed on or before that date. All-State selections will be made in sufficient time to allow post members to plan for attendance at the state convention in late June. NOTE: If total number of All State is NOT 15 Posts then, Posts that meet all final applied criteria after May 6th of current year but before June 30 current year will also be considered to receive recognition as All- State, but not necessarily receive caps, citations, and pins at the state convention; for those posts, recognition will be provided at the August Council of Administration.
To clearly recognize the most deserving posts, there is a practical limit to the number of posts that should be selected. For 2021-2022, the department will apply primary requirements and, if necessary, supplemental criteria. All posts completing primary requirements will be considered for All-State. If the resulting number is too large to adequately separate the most deserving posts from others, secondary criteria will be applied.
The primary requirements are divided into Membership Requirements and VFW Program Requirements. Both must be fulfilled in order for a Post to be on the All State Team!
• Greater than 40 members on May 8 of current year
• Membership greater than 100%
• Post must have Retention 85%
• Voice of Democracy - minimum of one entry advanced to District Judging
• Patriots Pen - minimum of one entry advanced to District judging
• Citizenship Education Teachers Award – one entry advanced to District judging
• Buddy Poppy- must purchase Buddy Poppies (5 per member on roster as 30 JUN prior year. Post with less than 100 Members MUST order at least 500 Buddy Poppies)
• Hold a fundraiser with the proceeds going to National Veterans & Military Support Services, minimum of $100.00
• National Veterans Service – Appoint a Post Service Officer
• Post submitted Community Service Record Book for State judging
• Post is appropriately bonded
• Post submitted four Trustee Reports for the 2021-2022 year
• Post inspection completed and all discrepancies corrected
• Post submitted election report for 2022-2023 year
• Extra Points will be given for the following:
• Safety – entry in at least one category for District judging
• Post submitted monthly Community Service reports
• Post conducted at least one Hospital or Veteran Home visit
• Post participated in a POW/MIA event or ceremony
Commanders of districts selected All-State will receive an All-State citation and cap. The Department Commander will select the Captain of the All-State Team.
District Commanders seeking All-State status must complete listed requirements and submit an entry form (supplied) to be received by the Department Headquarters by May 6, 2022. Qualifying membership activity and program items must be completed on or before that date. All-State selections will be made in sufficient time to allow members to plan for attendance at the state convention in June. NOTE: Districts that meet all final applied criteria after, May 6, 2022, but before, July 1, 2022, will also receive recognition as All-State, but not necessarily receive caps and citations at the state convention; for those districts, recognition will be provided at the August, Council of Administration.
•Membership greater than 100%
•Voice of Democracy - minimum of one entry advanced to Department Judging
•Patriots Pen - minimum of one entry advanced to Department judging
•Citizenship Education Teachers Award – one entry advanced to Department judging
•Have 2/3 of Posts in District purchase Buddy Poppies according to Post requirements
•Have a Cook-off Team represent the District at the State VFW Cook-off Competition. Date and location for Cook-off to be determined by Department Commander and Membership Chairman